* City of Gettysburg (official site) - Site is currently under construction
* Potter County News
* Gettysburg weather
* County seat for Potter County
* For Genealogy, obituaries, and local history contact the Dakota Sunset Museum
*Churches: Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, Mormon, Mennonite
*Medical Facilities: Community Care Clinic, Avera Gettysburg Hospital [includes Oahe Manor Nursing Home and Oahe Villa Apartments], Family Dental Clinic, Vision Care Associates, Wolff Chiropractic Clinic, Vilas Pharmacy
* Airport, Medical Helicopter Landing Pad at the hospital
*Emergency Services: Volunteer Fire Department, Volunteer Ambulance Service with certified EMTs, Medical Helicopter Landing Pad at the hospital, Airport.
> Specialty nut rolls at the Gettysburg Bakery. They mail them all over the USA.
> South Dakota coffees at The Coffee Bean.
> World class steak dinners.
> Medical services - apartments, clinic, lab, x-ray, nursing home, & hospital -- all under one roof.
ENTERTAINMENT OF INFINITE VARIETY
City Parks - 2 city parks with play areas, basketball courts, lighted tennis courts, picnic areas, restrooms & showers
State Park - West Whitlock State Park has camping sites, restrooms with showers, swimming beach, fish cleaning stations, & a boat ramp
Hunting - pheasant, deer, geese, ducks, grouse, partridge, antelope. Guides available.
Golf - 9-hole city golf course with beautiful grass greens and watered fairways
Fishing - walleye, salmon, catfish, northern pike, and more. Guides available.
Water sports - nearby Lake Oahe and in-town swimming pool
Free Camping at Gettysburg's main city park
Fee Campsites - some with laundry facilities
Library - The Potter County Library has print books, e-books, magazines, videos, audios and wireless Internet access: Potter County Library Website
Museum - Dakota Sunset Museum
WITHIN AN HOUR-ISH OF GETTYSBURG, SD.EDUCATION
- Tour the Dakota Sunset Museum, home of the sacred Lakota Medicine Rock, and showcase for the history of Gettysburg and Potter County. A special treat is a cannon from the Battle of Gettysburg. Dakota Sunset Museum Website
- View the inspiring Veterans' Memorial and artillery exhibit on the grounds of the historic Potter County courthouse in Gettysburg.
- See the historic round barn that sits a few miles off the main road north of Gettysburg.
- Tour the magnificent Cathedral of the Prairies at Hoven, SD, twenty miles away - crowns the landscape with its twin spires.
- See the Bactrian (double-humped) camels and reindeer at the Tip Top Camel and Reindeer Ranch 12 miles west of Bowdle.
- Tour bandleader Lawrence Welk’s family home at Strasburg, ND.
- View Oscar Howe’s ten murals painted on the walls of Mobridge’s city auditorium as a WPA project in 1942.
- Tour the Railroad Museum at Faith, SD.
- Travel scenic Highway 1804.
- Enjoy Aberdeen's Storybook Land built in remembrance of Aberdonian L. Frank Baum, author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- Fish for walleye all year long on Lake Oahe from G’Burg to Mobridge - the Walleye Capital of the World.
- Take college classes at Capital University Center in Pierre or at Northern State University in Aberdeen.
Gettysburg has a K-12 school system with top-notch teachers and supportive parents. The community broke ground for a new school in 2014 and opened the doors when school began in 2015.
** The system supports an excellent school library, Internet parent portal, an online encyclopedia, champion sports teams, and a delicious lunch and breakfast program.
** It is rated a Distinguished School
** Gettysburg School Website